This Privacy Statement relates to PwC Digital Technology Services web site and explains what information we gather about you, what we use that information for and who we give that information to. It also sets out your rights in relation to your information and who you can contact for more information or queries.
- Data collection
- Use of data
- Legal grounds for processing personal information
- Cookies and log files
- Transfers of personal information
- Third party providers
- Other disclosures
- Third party links
- Data Retention
- Access to data
- Rights in relation to your information
- Contact us
PwC is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information, and this Privacy Statement explains how PwC treats your personal information when you use our website https://pwcdigitalcyber.com, its subdomains and mobile versions (collectively the “Web Site”).
By using this Web Site and providing any personal information, you acknowledge you have read this Privacy Statement and, to the extent your consent is necessary and valid under applicable law, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of such personal information by the PwC network and any third party recipients in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
As used in this privacy statement and the Web Site, ‘PwC’, ‘us’ and ‘we’ refer to the PwC network and/or one or more of its member firms that may process your personal information for the purposes of PwC Digital Technology Services.
The data controllers of the Web Site are one or more of the PwC member firms that operate a PwC Digital Technology Services office as listed here. Each member firm in the PwC network is a separate legal entity. For further details please see www.pwc.com/structure and for a full list of PwC member firms please see the list here.
When you use the Web Site we may collect information about you and your use of the Web Site, including through cookies and analytics tools. PwC receives limited identifiable information, such as name, job title, and company name, address, email address, telephone and fax numbers, from visitors to our Web Site. A visitor may choose to provide personal information in the following examples:
- Subscribe or order newsletters and/or publications
- Submit resumes or work history information for the purposes of our Alumni network or in connection with recruitment activity
- Participate in “join our mailing list” initiatives
- Participate in bulletin boards, discussion or message forums
- Enter Quick Surveys, Quizzes or Benchmarking Surveys
- Register for events and conferences
- Register for premium online services
- Contact us for further information
Through the use of certain technology, PwC also obtains non-individualized, generic information about you when you visit our Web Site, including your IP address, browser type and language, access time and referring web site.
We do not intend to collect sensitive information through the Web Site unless we are legally required to do so. Examples of sensitive information include race or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade union membership; physical or mental health; genetic data; biometric data; sexual life or sexual orientation; and criminal records. We ask that you do not provide sensitive information of this nature when using the Web Sites. If you choose to provide sensitive information to us for any reason, the act of doing so constitutes your explicit consent, where such consent is necessary and valid under your local law, for us to collect and use that information in the ways described in this Privacy Statement or as described at the point where you choose to disclose this information.
Demographic information, including gender and occupation, is not actively sought, but may be submitted when you respond to an online job application. It is PwC’s policy to limit the information collected to only the minimum information required to complete your request. If you believe the Web Site has collected excessive information, we encourage you to contact us at to raise any concerns. In any instance where non-mandatory information is sought, you will be notified at the point of collection.
You are also able to send email through the Web Site. Your messages will contain your email address, as well as any additional information you may wish to include in the message.
Use of data
When you provide personal information to us, we will use it for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement or as stated at the point of collection (or as obvious from the context of collection) including:
- to administer and manage the Web Site, including to confirm and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorised access to restricted areas of the site or premium content;
- to personalise and enrich your browsing experience by displaying content that is more likely to be relevant and of interest to you;
- to sort and analyse user data (such as determining how many users from the same organisation have subscribed to or are using the Web Site);
- to determine the company, organisation, institution, or agency that you work for or with which you are otherwise associated;
- to develop our businesses and services;
- to conduct benchmarking and data analysis including, for example, regarding usage of the Web Site and demographics analyses of their users;
- to conduct quality and risk management reviews;
- to understand how people use the features and functions of the Web Site in order to improve the user experience;
- to monitor and enforce compliance with our Terms, including acceptable use policies;
- and/or any other purposes for which you provided the information to PwC, including any of the purposes given in the ‘Collection of personal information’ section above.
We may combine your personally identifiable information with information obtained from technology in email and newsletters we send to you that determine whether the message in the email or newsletter has been opened and links contained within have been clicked on, to measure interest in our specific offerings and email campaigns, improve our offerings to specific target audiences and tailor our interactions with you. Our Web Site does not collect or compile personal information for dissemination or sale to outside parties for consumer marketing purposes, or host mailings on behalf of third parties. If you would like to find out more about the different categories of information collected, please review the ‘Data collection’ section.
Legal grounds for processing personal information
Your local law may require us to set out in this Privacy Statement the legal grounds on which we rely in order to process your personal information. In such cases, we rely on one or more of the following processing conditions:
- our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information and services to you and in the effective and lawful operation of our businesses (provided these do not interfere with your rights);
- to satisfy any legal and regulatory obligations to which we are subject;
- to perform our obligations under the Terms; or
- where no other condition for processing is available, if you have agreed to us processing your personal information for the relevant purpose.
Cookies and log files
Cookies may be used on some pages of our Web Site.
In order to properly manage our website we may anonymously log information on our operational systems, and identify categories of visitors by items such as domains and browser types. These statistics are reported in the aggregate to our webmasters. This is to ensure that our Web Site presents the best web experience for visitors and is an effective information resource.
Transfers of personal information
As PwC and its PwC Digital Technology Services consulting group is a global network with Member Firms around the world, your personal information may be transferred to and stored outside the country where you are located. This includes countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and countries that do not have laws that provide specific protection for personal information. Where we collect your personal information within the EEA, transfer outside the EEA will be only:
- to a recipient located in a country which provides an adequate level of protection for your personal information; and/or
- under an agreement which satisfies EU requirements for the transfer of personal data to data processors or data controllers outside the EEA, such as standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
Third party providers
We may transfer or disclose the personal data we collect to PwC Member Firms (and their respective subsidiaries and affiliates) and to their third party contractors, subcontractors, and/or their subsidiaries and affiliates. When we transfer personal data, we do so for the purposes for which the information has been submitted, for the purposes listed above under Use of Personal Information, for the administration and maintenance of the Web Site and associated systems, and/or other internal or administrative purposes. We also may transfer personal data to third party service providers of identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data backup, security and storage services.
The third party providers may use their own third party subcontractors that have access to personal data (sub-processors). It is our policy to use only third party providers that are bound to maintain appropriate levels of security and confidentiality, to process personal information only as instructed by PwC, and to flow those same obligations down to their sub-processors.
We may also disclose personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- When explicitly requested by you;
- when required to deliver publications or reference materials as requested by you;
- when required to facilitate conferences or events hosted by a third party;
- for regulatory compliance purposes; and/or
- as otherwise set out in this Privacy Statement.
We may also disclose your personal information to law enforcement, regulatory and other government agencies and to professional bodies and other third parties, as required by and/or in accordance with applicable law or regulation. This includes disclosures outside the country where you are located. PwC may also review and use your personal information to determine whether disclosure is required or permitted.
Third party links
The Web Site may contain links to other third-party sites not controlled by PwC and that do not operate under PwC’s privacy practices. Please be aware that when you link to other websites, PwC’s privacy practices no longer apply and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage our visitors to be aware when they leave the Web Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website before disclosing any personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web Site.
The personal data you submit to us will only be retained as long as required for the purposes for which it was collected or as required to do so by law. Contact information about visitors such as mailing list information is kept until a user unsubscribes to a publication or requests that we delete that information. If you choose to unsubscribe from a mailing list we may keep certain limited information about you so that we may honour your request. We dispose of resumes when they are no longer under consideration.
Where we are legally required to obtain your explicit consent to provide you with marketing materials, we will only provide you with such marketing materials if you have provided consent for us to do so.
If you opt into any subscriptions, you will receive automated emails when content is updated. If you opt into any newsletters, you will receive curated emails known as newsletters. If you select any preferences such as issues, topics, subjects or industries, you may receive email communications related to those self-selected topics.
Should visitors subsequently choose to unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registrations, we will provide instructions within the appropriate website area or in communications to our visitors; or a visitor may contact the Webmaster. If you wish to unsubscribe or no longer receive only certain communications, please identify such communications in your request.
If you choose to unsubscribe from any or all mailings we may retain information sufficient to identify you so that we can honour your request.
Access to data
We are committed to providing reasonable and practical access that allows visitors to the Web Site to identify and correct inaccuracies in the information we collect about them.
When we keep personal information about you, we are responsible for keeping an accurate record of the information that you have submitted to us and verified. We do not assume responsibility for verifying the ongoing accuracy of your personal information.
If you have questions about the accuracy of identifying information you previously submitted to us, or want to have outdated information removed, please contact us. When requested, and provided that it is practical and commercially feasible to comply with the request and there is no legal or regulatory need for us to keep the information, we will delete identifying information from current operational systems.
Rights in relation to your information
You may have certain rights under your local law in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you may have a right to:
- request a copy of personal information we hold about you;
- ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information;
- object to our processing of your personal information; and/or
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).
If you would like to exercise these rights or understand if these rights apply to you, please contact us by sending an email or by one of the means set out at the end of this Privacy Statement. We may charge for a request to access your information, if permitted by applicable law.
PwC has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorized persons are provided access to personal information collected via the Web Site and these individuals have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal information, the transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. We endeavour to protect your personal information but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to or by us.
PwC understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy especially in an online environment. This Web Site is not intentionally designed for or directed at children and the terms and conditions of use require all users to be above the age of majority in their local country. We adhere to laws regarding marketing to children. It is PwC’s policy never to knowingly collect or maintain any personal information about individuals under the age of 18.
If you have any questions or complaints about this Privacy Statement or the way your personal information is processed on the Web Site or would like to exercise one of your rights set out above, please contact us by one of the following means:
Form: Contact form
Post: One Embankment Place, London, UK WC2N 6RH
You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection regulator.
We reserve the right to update this Privacy Statement at any time by publishing an updated version here. Such changes or updates are effective immediately after we give notice of the change or update, which we may do so by revising the “Last Updated” date of this Privacy Statement. Therefore we encourage you to review this Privacy Statement periodically to be informed about how we are protecting your information.
Last updated February 26, 2021